Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wood and Web

The savage simplicity of the Wild Wood has always allured
To run free of the multitude of gossamer threads
That bind us together in civic civil society
Suspended in the massive man-made mess
With so many debits and credits and little bits
That it's impossible to tell if you're rising or sinking
Or jettisoning the most important parts of yourself
So they do not weigh on the web weavers lurking above

The Wild has beckoned with freedom from their machinations
But as I pull away other ties hold strong and give me pause
What has kept me from the Wood has been these cords
Bound heart to heart, forged through soulsight, too easily
The same vulnerability to the ebb and flow of creation
Cleaves the music of my spirit into harmony with them
Until the dissonance of my distance is unbearable

A pack without an alpha, a wolf without his Wild
Out of place everywhere, insufficient for everything
Trapped and torn apart until paralyzed by the visions
That show misery or failure or disastrous disappointment
Without even the final freedom as an option
Because the love for those that love in return
Would become mindless despair and torment,
A callous and selfish knife through their soul

So I twist and turn, chasing the threads that lead upwards
Tangling myself up until I am bound into the form decreed
Strong back, ordered mind, careful hands, polite tongue
Blunted teeth, lowered tail, ears pulled back, head down
True form curled up and shrunken, every wild impulse
Trapped and tantalizing, ready to snap a string or several
Dropping me or one I love into the tempest below

But now the hollowness of my soul leeches through the web
Exhausting them and emptying them, making them turn away
Unable to fill myself, my searches for sustenance yank and snap
Until I want to cut myself free so I do not drag them down
Because I feel that I will never do anything but take
And have plug the hole in the bottom of my soul

Father Sky
Mother Earth
Great Spirit that is Everywhere and Everything
My secular searches have distracted me
My rituals and rites abandoned
The paths back obscured
Faith shaken
Please take me back
I am sorry

D.M.D.M.- 12-28-14

No comments:

Post a Comment